Other musical styles...

Ask Michael about Clear or anything relevent.

Other musical styles...

Postby Wilkie » March 14th, 2005, 12:12 pm

Hi Michael,

Having heard samples of non-'rock' tracks that you have performed on, would you consider recording a whole album of songs from other musical styles? I would think you could do a killer performance of 'Abide With Me', or maybe, big band tunes?

'Michael Sadler sings Frank Sinatra'.... :shock:
Wilkie

Re: Other musical styles...

Postby Michael Sadler » March 14th, 2005, 3:30 pm

Wilkie wrote:Hi Michael,

Having heard samples of non-'rock' tracks that you have performed on, would you consider recording a whole album of songs from other musical styles? I would think you could do a killer performance of 'Abide With Me', or maybe, big band tunes?

'Michael Sadler sings Frank Sinatra'.... :shock:

Funny you should ask! I was actually entertaining the thought of doing an album of standards much like Rod Stewart's about a year before he did!
It may still happen, let's see. In the meantime I really enjoy singing other styles. Apart from the enjoyment factor I think it can only help broaden my range, genre-wise.

M
Michael Sadler

Postby Silent Knight » March 14th, 2005, 4:05 pm

It's funny, 'cause I have for a long time had this thought about you singin' Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and similar croner songs. I think it could be a hit!
You got all the right stuff for it in you, attitude, entertainmentship, looks and not at least the great voice. Do it Michael! :D
Silent Knight

Postby Kenny Gus » March 14th, 2005, 4:37 pm

Back off,John!He's already married..... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kenny Gus

Postby Silent Knight » March 15th, 2005, 3:52 am

Kenny Gus wrote:Back off,John!He's already married..... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha Kenny you crazy Swede! :wink:

No actually, i think it could be interesting to hear Michael sing totally different styles, like Frank Sinatra. When Robbie Williams could do it, with great success, Michael should be able to do it too.
I don't want him to quit SAGA or the solo rock/pop style, but just explore other styles, 'cause I believe we have only seen the top of the iceberg of his abilities.
Silent Knight

Postby Kenny Gus » March 15th, 2005, 4:41 am

Totally agree! :!:
Kenny Gus

Postby DAVE81 » March 15th, 2005, 10:58 pm

M, that style would be great!!! Check out As Time Goes By from Bryan Ferry released 1999...as usual he was ahead of Rod Stewart in the crooning thing....cooler, under the radar, more sincere....never liked RS......
DAVE81

Return to Questions, Questions, Questions...