Worlds apart

Ask Michael about Clear or anything relevent.

Worlds apart

Postby Silent Knight » March 12th, 2005, 12:00 am

Hi Michael,
I got a question I always forget to ask, but here it comes.
On Worlds apart, the songs are placed in a different order on the Northamerican album than on the European album.
When you played the whole album live, you played it the way the songs are placed on the Northamerican album, so that's must be the way they were supposed to be from your side. So why these differences on the European album?

Another question about Worlds apart.
It has been released as a cd from the label Portrait also, but on this album the song 'Amnesia' misses all the talking part in the start of the song, do you know why?
Silent Knight

Re: Worlds apart

Postby Michael Sadler » March 21st, 2005, 2:16 pm

Silent Knight wrote:Hi Michael,
I got a question I always forget to ask, but here it comes.
On Worlds apart, the songs are placed in a different order on the Northamerican album than on the European album.
When you played the whole album live, you played it the way the songs are placed on the Northamerican album, so that's must be the way they were supposed to be from your side. So why these differences on the European album?

Another question about Worlds apart.
It has been released as a cd from the label Portrait also, but on this album the song 'Amnesia' misses all the talking part in the start of the song, do you know why?

When albums are released in different territories, each company presents the product in a way that they feel is most suitable for their territory, including cover artwork and running order.

Hope that helps!

M
Michael Sadler

Postby Ax Slinger » March 30th, 2005, 7:10 pm

And you let them get away with that? Whatever happened to "Artistic Control"? It's your material. Shouldn't it be presented your way? The way it was intended to be presented? That's like putting chapter 5 after chapter 10. (Excuse the pun, but if the shoe fits...)
Ax Slinger

Return to Questions, Questions, Questions...