Welsh Ancestory

Ask Michael about Clear or anything relevent.

Welsh Ancestory

Postby Adrian Coleman » January 26th, 2005, 4:41 pm

Hello Michael.
An odd one,I know.
All great singers come from Wales,well that is what my Grandad used to say,bless him.
You seem proud of your Welsh roots.Is this the case and do you ever go back there? :?:
Adrian Coleman

Re: Welsh Ancestory

Postby Michael Sadler » January 29th, 2005, 7:46 pm

Adrian Coleman wrote:Hello Michael.
An odd one,I know.
All great singers come from Wales,well that is what my Grandad used to say,bless him.
You seem proud of your Welsh roots.Is this the case and do you ever go back there? :?:

Cheers Adrian!

Actually, I'm very proud of my ancestry. I mean, think about it. Apart from the occasional references to sheep, being Welsh puts me in the company of the likes of Tom Jones, Anthony Hopkins, Richard Burton, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, to name but a few!
The last visit home was the December before last, when I sadly had to bid my Nanna good-bye after a long and happy 97 years in this life. But I'm sure that I will continue to "drop in" in the years to come, as each time I've been back I have enjoyed myself immensely.
Michael Sadler

Postby Adrian Coleman » January 30th, 2005, 4:33 am

Hello Michael.
Thanks for the reply.
An odd question but something I wondered about.
The sheep thing is a pain.
You are in the company of some great people and should be listed with them.
We all hope to see you at a gig again soon. Best wishes to all your family and take the very best of care. :)
Adrian Coleman

Postby SagaKnight » February 1st, 2005, 8:58 pm

Hopefully, Michael, you carry your Nanna's genes for a long and happy life.
SagaKnight

Postby Guest » February 2nd, 2005, 10:47 am

Michael Sadler wrote: But I'm sure that I will continue to "drop in" in the years to come, as each time I've been back I have enjoyed myself immensely.

Is this where the inspiration for Home came from?

Postby Administrator » February 2nd, 2005, 2:45 pm

Hi GateCrasher... is that your new hobby? :o
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Michael Sadler » February 3rd, 2005, 12:50 pm

GateCrasher wrote:
Michael Sadler wrote: But I'm sure that I will continue to "drop in" in the years to come, as each time I've been back I have enjoyed myself immensely.

Is this where the inspiration for Home came from?

Although it would be quite appropriate today, "Home" was actually written as if one were looking at the final scene of a rather tragic romantic film. My father passed away when I was 13 and I wasn't able to attend the funeral, so, perhaps, in a way, I've never really had closure. I do remember imagining the scene in my head at the time. One person bidding farewell to another, as the other lay dying. It's the one song I have difficulty getting through live!
Michael Sadler

Postby Guest » February 5th, 2005, 4:01 pm

I had to think about that one a little. I know about the context from an interview with you about Full Circle regarding the song Goodbye and there the connection seems to be very straight forward. My kids refere to this song as 'the sad song'.

Home evoked in me conciliatory feelings and a strong sense of belonging, something that I experience as very positive because I have lived a long time without a home.

Lots of food for thought here. However, I won't ask anymore to see this song performed live :wink: Though in a way its a pity as live perfomances usually enhance my perception of a song.

Return to Questions, Questions, Questions...